Pro Player Insiders and Elite Nation Entertainment have announced an exclusive vintage wine tasting affair taking place over Super Bowl weekend at the Chart House, a four star restaurant on the pier of the Lincoln Harbor. The restaurant’s stunning waterfront views of the New York City skyline will showcase the evening with an exquisite atmosphere. This posh event includes the following sponsors; Dom Pérignon, Wine Academy and Numanthia.
The 2014 Super Bowl Taste of the Best Wine Extravaganza will transform the evening into a showcase of exquisite wines from different regions around the world. This event is truly any wine connoisseur’s calling. The top wine critics and publications rate the vintage wines being offered as high as 98 points.
Music will be by renowned Jazz bassist Bob Cranshaw. And the exquisite selection of food and hor d’oeuvres along with special NFL and celebrity appearances will all mix together to create an evening of great ambiance for attendees.
To add to the mix our own Chef Plum, who has created and shares a couple mouth watering recipes which pair perfectly with the Dom Pérignon being served at the event.
For the Dom Pérignon Blanc
Ribeye Spring Roll
1 ribeye fork shredded, (braised for a few hours in beer or wine till super tender)
1/4 cup (ish) napa dashi slaw (Recipe below)
5 Apple slices
1 tbsp green onion thinly sliced
1 Grilled peach cut in half purred in a blender with a little ginger
1 Rice paper
1. Wet the rice paper in warm water
2. In the middle of the paper spread HALF of the slaw
3. Place a few green onions on top
4. Place the shredded beef on top of the veggies
5. layer the apple slices on top of the beef then the rest of the slaw as well.
6. Gently fold the rice paper over the fillings pulling snug
7. Fold in the sides and continue to roll
8. Slice in half and serve with grilled peach sauce!
Napa Dashi Slaw:
1 cup knife shredded napa cabbage
1/2 tbsp dashi miso
1/2 tbsp greek plain yogurt
1 teas mustard
1 thinly sliced shallot
1 tbsp chopped green onion
1 teas minced fresh ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the dashi, sour cream, ginger and mustard together thoroughly and season.
2. Toss in the rest of the ingredients and mix well allow to sit for 5- 10 min before serving.
For the Dom Pérignon Rose
Desert Grilled Cheese
2 slices of pound cake
2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
1.5 tbsp sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
1 teaspoon Baileys Irish liquor
1/4 small diced apple (skin on)
1 tbsp golden raisins
2 pats of butter
a little water
1. In a hot pan render the apples with the raisins 1/3 tbsp sugar 1 butter pat. add water as moisture is needed, apples will brown and caramelize
2.While the Apple renders, mix 3/4 of the mascarpone (just eyeball it) cheese with 1/3 of the sugar and lemon zest until well incorporated
3.Now mix the Baileys with the last 1/3 of the sugar well.
4. Spread the cheese mixture (not the Baileys one) on the pound-cake and brush the pieces like you would a grilled cheese with butter and add marks in a hot pan.
5. Cut in half and serve on top of the Baileys cheese mixture and garnish with apple compote!
Boom! Done deal!
The 2014 Super Bowl Taste of the Best Wine Extravaganza
WHAT: Super Thursday 2014 Taste of the Best Wine Extravaganza
WHEN: Thursday, January 30, 2014- beginning at 6pm.
WHERE: The Chart House Restaurant, Lincoln Harbor, Pier D-T, Weehwaken, NJ
TICKETS: General Admission-$350.00; VIP Admission-$700.00
To Purchase Tickets CLICK HERE
Learn more about Chef Plum on his Insider page
More stories you might like