Pro Player Insiders is working on educating the casual and hardcore football fan alike with a series of informative stories that will run over the course of the next couple of months. We will look to find out the origin of team names, obscure league history, and little known facts about each NFL team. Today, we get things started with five things you might not know about the Atlanta Falcons…until now.
- The Atlanta Falcons were founded on June 30, 1965 by Rankin Smith Jr.
- The Falcons became the 15th NFL Franchise and were awarded the 1st pick in the 1966 NFL Draft
- In 2006, former Atlanta Falcons Quarterback Michael Vick was the first quarterback in NFL history to rush for more than 1,000 yards in a season
- Former NFL cornerback Deion Sanders was inducted into the Falcons Ring of Honor on November 11, 2010
- The Falcons have made the playoffs 11 times in their existence (1978, 1980, 1982, 1991, 1995, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2011)
More stories you might like
One Response to “5 Things You Might Not Know: Atlanta Falcons Edition”