Seattle Seahawks Escape A Late Comeback From the Steelers 28-26

Seattle, WA- After getting a win last week, the Seattle Seahawks faced the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday as they tried to keep their momentum going. In the first half, the Seahawks struggled to find any type of rhythm. The offensive line in the first quarter allowed Russell Wilson to get sacked three times and had no answer for the Steelers’ pressure.

Late in the first quarter when Seattle looked like they had a promising drive, they fumbled the ball around the 40-yard line, which gave the Steelers great field position to work with. The Steelers capitalized off the turnover and running back James Conner caught a 1-yard pass in the endzone to go up 7-0 against the Seahawks.


The Seahawks climbed out of the early deficit with a drive of their own. With some big gains from Chris Carson and some plays down the field to open up the Steelers’ defense. Will Dissly caught a 14-yard touchdown pass to tie the game at 7-7.

Late in the second quarter, the Steelers killed themselves on a potential touchdown drive, because of a crucial holding call, so they had to resort to kicking a field goal. The field goal attempt was successful and put the Steelers back up 10-7 at the half.

However, at the start of the second half, Ben Roethlisberger did not start, because of a right elbow injury that he injured in the second quarter. Mason Rudolph started in place of him. While the Steelers were trying to figure out what they were going to do offensively, the Seahawks struck gold on their first possession in the second half. Wilson threw a perfect pass over the top of the defenders’ head to Will Dissly for a Seahawks touchdown to make it 14-10.

On the second possession for the Steelers in the second, Rudolph threw a bomb to the speedy Juju Smith Schuster to put the Steelers in position in field goal position. The field goal attempt was good and the Steelers cut the deficit 14-13.

On the next possession, the Seahawks scored on a Rashaad Penny 20-yard scamper to extend the lead 21-13 and then the Steelers followed up with a touchdown of their own but failed at the two-point conversion to make it a 21-19.

In the next series of plays, Wilson escaped the Steelers’ pass rush and threw a 40-yard strike to Metcalf to extend the lead 28-19, but the Steelers came rolling back with another touchdown of their own to make it a 28-26.

Under two minutes left in regulation and a crucial fourth and one, the Seahawks put their trust in Carson to put the game away and he did just that. The Seahawks escape a crazy game to go 2-0.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.